Going to 11th
Going to 11th – The students who appeared and are waiting for the 10th std exams to get over, this is tough time. Tough in the sense of waiting – to get a sense of completion. It is a time of students having mixed emotions and uncertainty. There is a sense of relief that at least some papers are over while having anxiety over the fate of remaining papers. They are perplexed whether to go ahead and plan or follow the wait and watch scenario.
Instead of speculating or staying idle, it is better to use this time wisely. Here are some things that students can do:
• Firstly be fully prepared for the remaining papers – do not lose this opportunity to score as much as you can – now there can be no reason for your poor performance. This is a golden opportunity to aim high and increase your overall average percentage.
• If you are sure about your preparation, then start thinking about the next step – your career.
• Try to identify what you really want to and what you are really good at.
• Read about various careers and talk to people [elders /parents] about the kind of work they do and try to understand it.
• Read what includes in the subjects and the curriculum
• Find what comes naturally and easily to you.
• Do not immediately jump to conclusions about any career – just gather information and then analyse it.
• Understand the online process of application and keep your homework ready in order to apply for the upcoming academic year.
• Explore various colleges and courses that can lead you to your ultimate career and cross check with a professional.
• Prepare for college – not just clothes and course, but also understand the demands of the course and the nature of work that will follow.
• If you have chosen your stream and enrolled for any external coaching, then start preparing on a daily basis.
• Try to work through online lectures or notes if you have got any.
If you want to relax and do nothing, then ensure that you make up for the lost time once you the routine starts – but that’s not recommended. Use this extra time for preparing well for the next academic challenge and career. This situation is just causing a delay, not denial – you need to understand that, hence start now, get yourself into a routine and follow it in order to avoid future stress. You may start slow, but you should surely start.
Exams will be offline!! This thought itself has troubled many youngsters. For the past 2 years, students were tired, bored studying from home, and desperately waiting for schools/colleges to re-open. Their wish was certainly granted but lasted only a while when they realized that exams will not be offline.
New Career Myths & Facts – About Career – Career Development – As new career myths & facts evolve, the myths regarding careers also are re-generated. So, today, let’s explore some myths prevailing and the facts around it. 1. Chef means my kid would work as waiter a. A chef‘s is expected to be in …
Instead of celebrating the joy of passing and securing amazing marks in10th standard; many students have got a little irritated about the fact they have to prepare again for the next exam. While they were happy that there was no board exam, they are upset with the…
Results and Parents – Reporting Test Result To Parent – Sharing Examination Information with Students & Parents – Exams panic students and results panic parents. This phenomenon has been on forever and will be on forever. But this year, there has been relief for both. No exams for students and …
Importance of Mix ’n’ Match Courses – Different Learning Style – We come across so many combinations like for eg. a B.A.[History]+ Computer course & working in the HR department of a Company or a B. Sc in Zoology and working in the marketing department of a Company and many more such ones wherein ..
Early Career Choices – Career Opportunities – Prospect – Golden Chance For Career – Situation 1: “My daughter [who is 8th std] is interested in research”, “my son [in 9th std] is passionate about machines”, “I know my child [studying in 11th std] very well and she is going to join IIT only”…
Career…still Undecided?? – How to Make a Career Choice – How to Choose a Career Adviser in Mumbai – I don’t know what I like” “I am confused about what I want to do” “I don’t know what I want to do”. Many students are quoting their current state of mind and a very frequent question we get from …
Course After 12th – Professional Courses After 12th – “I have been preparing for more than 2 years, now I am tired of studying the same thing again”, “ I had put everything on hold for the entrance exams, but I don’t think I can continue with preparation”, “ I have lost interest in the preparation..
Initiating Careers – Planning – Starting a New Career – What Is a Career?-Every student wants to have a great career. But what does it mean to have a career? It means different to different people – admission to a dream course; entering a prestigious institute, getting a high salaried placement …
All About Careers Once the myths are clear, we understand that it is essential we start thinking seriously about the careers. The numerous career options available today make the process more challenging. But before we understand how to plan, lets understand why plan a career? As…
College Selection Criterion After 10th – Criterion of Admission – Exploring the youth life-The current class 10 batch, which will be soon joining college is disappointed as, their dream of being in college and leading a college life seems to have postponed. The dream of going to college, making …
Online Professional Career Counseling – Seek Online Career Counselling – Career Guidance – one field which has gained a lot of importance in the past few years and yet one of the most misinterpreted terms. It is a process of helping / facilitating the career decision of a person. The person seeking