Explore Study Abroad Options After Exam Cancellation
Needless to say, even if the exams have been cancelled or postponed, we need to keep ourselves updated and plan about what’s next? Those who planned or were considering to study abroad especially, need to start planning. For many there might be a postponement of decision, and yet there will be many who will apply for the upcoming academic year.
With a significant rise in demand for more customized courses the requirements have also changed. As this year with the tests being optional it is a blessing in disguise in itself. The students have the option to apply for the waiver and the tests which are compulsory can be taken from home. The conventional procedures of student admission are changing. The entrance exams that seemed mandatory for so many years, this year, we find that there are many Universities who have waived off the entrance exams like – GRE/GMAT, Language proficiency etc and other Universities have kept it as optional for the admission period of 2022 and 2023 allowing students to choose if they wish submit the score or apply for waiver. As GRE, there are many other tests required by the University, for example English Proficiency Test – IELTS/TOEFL, GMAT Admissions Test & SAT – Scholastic Aptitude Test.
This year with the increase in the number of applications the competition has also increased as a result, many universities have become highly selective in their admission policies. Every year we find that there are a lot of students who score well in school & college, but when it comes to these tests they don’t do well. Let’s discuss on how to go about them.
- Find the time you have on hand to prepare for the exams and make a timetable that you can follow
- Always use the official recommended books to study the concepts and for more practice tests, materials, you can refer to the available online on the test websites.
- Set your foundations straight, understand and practice time-saving techniques, and follow strategies to score higher.
- If it’s a Computer Based test, then better to practice online.
- Try to set a goal score, for you to plan and study better.
- The reason of poor performance on these exams is generally is lack of proper preparation. While preparing for these entrance exams, it is essential to truly know the subject areas that are strong and weak, and focus accordingly.
- Especially for the working professionals, you should try to find a balance between your work and home. A balanced lifestyle will keep you energetic, and improve your focus on exam preparation. Do start planning by taking professional guidance to explore more about career options and update you. If you do not want to limit your options applying to Universities, then taking these exams will definitely help you. We are yet to begin the academic year and always remember it is never late to start afresh.