What is Event Management?
Event management is all about organizing the event for a particular target audience. It involves visualizing concepts, planning, budgeting, organizing and executing events. It also involves lots of discipline and meticulous planning to be in this profession. Events could be anything from concerts, product launches, conferences, promotions, press conferences, jubilee celebrations and farewells to television based events, fashion shows, wedding or parties etc.
When Can I Enroll for Event Management Career?
Diploma in Event Management
HSC [any stream]
Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management
Graduate / Post Graduate Degree Diploma [any stream]
Note: There are institutes which offer Part time or weekend courses.
What Personality Traits Are Required in Event Management?
- Ability to Negotiate Agreements
- Ability to work under pressure
- Challenges of Meeting Deadlines
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Teamwork
- Networking Skill
- Organizational Skills
What Aptitude Is Required in Event Management?
- Above Average Abstract Reasoning
- Average Closure Ability
- Average Clerical Ability
- Average Spatial Ability
IQ Required for Event Management?
Minimum Average Range of Intelligence preferred.
Job Prospects for an Accountant
- Tourism Industry
- Festival & Event Associations
- Conference & Event Planning Companies
- Hospitality Industry
- Convention & Conference centers
Some of the Recruiting Organisations
- Mileage Events Pvt. Ltd.
- Sun star Expositions Pvt. Ltd.
- Miracle Magic
- Palette Media and Entertainment
- White Leaf Entertainment