Cost & Scholarships In Singapore
One of the popular destinations to study, Singapore is fast emerging as the preferred choices to study abroad for Indian students.
The relatively cheap cost of living and tuition fees, when compared to the western countries like USA and UK make studying in Singapore even more lucrative. Not just that, job opportunities post studying in Singapore is also high.
kvinne søker kvinne i Svolvær Tuition Fees:
The average cost of study for an international student annual tuition fees range from:
Estimation of Fee structure in Private Institutions
homme cherche femme a Vichy Type of Program
vestiti da lavoro online Diploma
vestito bianco da sposa Bachelor Degree
couple cherche homme a Saint-Nicolas (Sint-Niklaas) Master Degree
Total Tuition Fees (S$) (approx.)
S$ 10,000 – S$ 19,000
S$ 22,000 – S$ 35,000
S$ 19,000 – S$ 33,000
Estimation of Fee structure in Public Universities
Type of Program
Total Tuition Fees per annum (S$) (approx.)
S$ 30,000 – S$ 37,500 (non professional courses) S$ 45,000 – S$ 95,000 (professional courses)
Research: S$ 16,000 – S$ 25,000 Coursework: S$ 21,000 – S$ 39,500
International students in Singapore spend on average about S$750 to S$2,000 a month on living expenses. The expense for books and stationery would range between S$30 and S$100, depending on the course of studies.
Cost of Living:
International students in Singapore spend an average of about S$750 to S$2,000 a month on living expenses. The expense for books and stationery would range between S$30 and S$100, depending on the course of studies.
- Individual lifestyle and course of study
- Accommodation type used by international students
- Area where one is based
- Halls/Residence of Living (On campus) is S$200 – S$450 (approx.)
- Alternative Housing (outside campus) is S$350 – S$1,000 (approx.)
Singapore offers both government and university scholarships and fellowships to students. A majority of the universities in Singapore award scholarships through Research Assistantships and Teaching Assistantships. There are certain scholarships especially available for Indian students studying engineering in Singapore. Many organizations and trusts in India also provide scholarships to Indian students for studying in Singapore.
- The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarships: were established by the federal government’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The program awards over 700 scholarships of up to $ 5,000 each year to brilliant students. Apart from academic talent, the next biggest requirement is major financial need. The Gilman Scholarships are purposely designed to train more diverse leaders in business and international affairs.
- The David L. Boren Scholarships: are from the federal government. These undergraduate and graduate level programs are offered by the US Department of Homeland Security and generously support international studies in countries critical to national security, including Singapore. The scholarships are mostly offered on competitive basis rather than need basis. The authorities offer scholarships of up to $ 20,000 a year. Students must be enrolled in programs in Singapore.
Scholarships for Engineers
- Scholarship is offered to engineering students who want to pursue their higher studies in the country. The eligible candidates must possess excellent academic record in their major and be able to offer supporting evidence as to why a program of study in Singapore would add value to their career. Candidates must be enrolled in the National University of Singapore or Nanyang Technology University.
- The Singapore Millennium Foundation: A Singapore-based organization that offers scholarships to international students. Scholarships are offered to post-graduate and post-doctoral students engaged in the field of research. The Foundation offers scholarship to students on their good academic record as well as their research work. Scholarships may be up to $60,000 per year for post-doctoral researchers.
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships: are offered to outstanding students heading off to Singapore to study. Eligible candidates should have excellent academic record in their respective field and international pursuit.