Cost & Scholarships In Australia
Australia is, undoubtedly, the perfect place to enjoy a quality education and outstanding quality of life. The best part about studying in this country is that you get excellent value for your money, with living expenses and tuition costs comparatively low as compared to some of other destinations for studying abroad.
As an international student, your tuition fees are payable before you study. There will be additional costs involved including course materials and access to institution facilities. The costs of studying in Australia depend upon the institution and the level of study you choose.
*This is an indicative range of course costs for different types of qualifications:
- http://hr.biggerbreastwithoutsurgery.com/ http://hr.biggerbreastwithoutsurgery.com School – AUD$7,800 to AUD$30,000
- English language studies – AUD$300 per week (depending on Course length)
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – AUD$4,000 to AUD$22,000
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – AUD$15,000 to AUD$33,000
- Postgraduate Masters Degree – AUD$20,000 to AUD$37,000
- Doctoral Degree – AUD$14,000 to AUD$37,000
**Note: This does not include costlier courses such as veterinary and medical studies.
From 1 January 2010, the basic rate of living costs under the migration regulations increased. Students must demonstrate that the funds they are relying upon to meet the costs of studying in Australia will be genuinely available to them during their stay in Australia. Prospective student visa applicants and their family members must have access to the following funds to meet the living costs requirements.
The living expenses include:
- International and domestic travel
- Incidental costs
- AUD$18,000 a year (for the main student)
- AUD$ 6,300 a year (for the student’s partner)
- AUD$ 3,600 a year (for the student’s first child)
- AUD$ 2,700 a year (for second child onwards)
Please note that the actual cost will be dependent on your location, lifestyle and the course or institution you choose.
Although most international students in Australia are full-fee paying students, one could consider the option of applying for a scholarship. Scholarships are offered by the Australian government, education institutions and a number of other organizations.
There are many scholarships, grants, and bursaries which can help support you financially with your studies. They cover various educational sectors, including vocational education and training, student exchanges, undergraduate and postgraduate study and research. There are more scholarships available to international students at the postgraduate level than at the undergraduate level.
Although there are no qualifying examinations for scholarships in Australia, all the scholarships are merit-based and students need to demonstrate their eligibility when applying. It is advisable that international students should check the criteria before applying for scholarships.
The study abroad scholarships available to students can be broadly classified into:
Here is information about some of the major scholarships programs available for Indian students:
Australia Awards Scholarship
- The Australia Awards Scholarship is for international students who want to study in Australian universities. Scholarship holders are required to return to their country of citizenship for two years after they have completed their studies to contribute to the development of their country.
- The program brings together scholarships offered by the Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID), the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIICCSRTE) and the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR).
- It is available for vocational education and training courses, undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees, and PhD degrees at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
- Is the Australian government’s internationally competitive, merit-based scholarship program providing opportunities to undertake study, research or professional development in Australia. Awards are also available for Australians to do the same abroad.
- Professional development activities could include management training, peer-to-peer learning, mentoring, short courses and developing leadership skills. Applicants must be nominated by either their home organization or host organization.
Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
- The Endeavour Postgraduate Awards provide full financial support to international students for 2 to 3.5 years to undertake a postgraduate qualification at a Masters or PhD level either by coursework or research in any field of study in Australia.
Australia Awards Fellowships
AAF focuses on developing leaders who can influence social and economic policy reform and development outcomes in both their own countries and in the Asia-Pacific region.
AAF provides scholarship support for postgraduate studies in Australia and short-term fellowship opportunities in specialized research, study or professional attachments through participating Australian organizations.
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) program focuses on improving the quality of Australian research. If you already have a graduate qualification, an IPRS scholarship lets you study in Australia with some of the best researchers in your field.
Overseas Postgraduate Scholarships
These are awarded for quality research in areas of specialization in individual universities. This scholarship covers the tuition fees payable for each year for maximum 3 years.