College Selection Criterion After 10th
The current class 10 batch, which will be soon joining college is disappointed as, their dream of being in college and leading a college life seems to have postponed. The dream of going to college, making new friends, enjoying the freedom, spending time on campus, exploring the youth life, travel – everything seems to have come to a standstill. They know that this year too life will be online… and it is not as fun as they imagined. This scenario has also affected the career choices of many.
The big question of which college to join has gained more prominence. Apart from the regular factors affecting college, this year, the choice seems to be more inclined towards ‘where my friends are applying’ concept. The reason – at least we can increase of our chances of having our old friends as our classmates. Connecting online in itself is a major challenge, let alone the concept of making new friends. With small frames, unclear videos, connectivity issues and constantly changing DP’s it is certainly a big issue to figure out with whom one can be friends. Without meeting someone face to face, not being aware of the similarities in tastes or not being able to connect with someone; can definitely prolong and complicate the whole process of making friends.
Here are some ways students can start making friends online:
• Every educational institute uses online platforms which are safe for their students; various messaging apps that are now available can help students to remain connected with their new friends. Here, students should remind themselves on that is possible to safely connect with people on online platforms too.
• Always use official and accepted platforms to connect with someone new.
• Various social media and gaming platforms are safe and can be accessed by college going students, where like minded can join. Yes, they may certainly not be able to replace the experience of ‘hanging out’, but can certainly make up for the need to have friends, spending time with them thus make life-long friends.
• Speaking over the phone or a video call is a great way to start the connection.
• Once the college starts, students need to start being active online participate regularly for making their presence felt. If students sit back and relax, they may lose out on the opportunity to connect.
• Joining online clubs or volunteer organizations or extra-curricular activities group, is recommended in order to be with like minded people.
• Find out where your online friends are located, if they are near your location, then you can certainly meet up keep in mind all the rules of social distancing.
• Students should ensure that the online safety rules are followed and proper care is taken before befriending or accepting friend requests online.
In the current uncertain scenario, students need to bear in mind this may be a temporary phase and soon [though no one knows the exact date] they will be on campus making the most of their college life. Do not let this one factor influence your college choice and thereby your career and life as whole. Remember, you will always have ample opportunities to make friends, so right now let the right reasons drive you towards the right college.
Last Minute Exam Preparation
With the board exams closely approaching, the preparation of students has intensified. The prelims’ are a reality check for students as the results...
Exams have always been viewed as a challenge; but after the pandemic, it has increased more than ever. Though we know that exams are a test of...
Exams will be offline!!
Exams will be offline!! This thought itself has troubled many youngsters. For the past 2 years, students were tired, bored studying from home, and desperately waiting for schools/colleges to re-open. Their wish was certainly granted but lasted only a while when they realized that exams will not be offline.
New Career Myths & Facts
New Career Myths & Facts – About Career – Career Development – As new career myths & facts evolve, the myths regarding careers also are re-generated. So, today, let’s explore some myths prevailing and the facts around it. 1. Chef means my kid would work as waiter a. A chef‘s is expected to be in …
Instead of celebrating the joy of passing and securing amazing marks in10th standard; many students have got a little irritated about the fact they have to prepare again for the next exam. While they were happy that there was no board exam, they are upset with the…
Results and Parents
Results and Parents – Reporting Test Result To Parent – Sharing Examination Information with Students & Parents – Exams panic students and results panic parents. This phenomenon has been on forever and will be on forever. But this year, there has been relief for both. No exams for students and …
Importance of Mix ’n’ Match Courses
Importance of Mix ’n’ Match Courses – Different Learning Style – We come across so many combinations like for eg. a B.A.[History]+ Computer course & working in the HR department of a Company or a B. Sc in Zoology and working in the marketing department of a Company and many more such ones wherein ..
Early Career Choices
Early Career Choices – Career Opportunities – Prospect – Golden Chance For Career – Situation 1: “My daughter [who is 8th std] is interested in research”, “my son [in 9th std] is passionate about machines”, “I know my child [studying in 11th std] very well and she is going to join IIT only”…
Career…still Undecided?? – How to Make a Career Choice – How to Choose a Career Adviser in Mumbai – I don’t know what I like” “I am confused about what I want to do” “I don’t know what I want to do”. Many students are quoting their current state of mind and a very frequent question we get from …
Course After 12th
Course After 12th – Professional Courses After 12th – “I have been preparing for more than 2 years, now I am tired of studying the same thing again”, “ I had put everything on hold for the entrance exams, but I don’t think I can continue with preparation”, “ I have lost interest in the preparation..
Initiating Careers – What Is a Career?
Initiating Careers – Planning – Starting a New Career – What Is a Career?-Every student wants to have a great career. But what does it mean to have a career? It means different to different people – admission to a dream course; entering a prestigious institute, getting a high salaried placement …
All About Careers – Career Information – Career Exploration
All About Careers Once the myths are clear, we understand that it is essential we start thinking seriously about the careers. The numerous career options available today make the process more challenging. But before we understand how to plan, lets understand why plan a career? As…