Application Procedure & Visa In Australia
Australia Visa application and admission procedure for universities include submitting your application to the institution, accepting a Letter of Offer and applying for student visa. Australia has a reputation for having some of the world’s leading education institutions. There are thousands of satisfied international students studying in Australia. Read below to know the Application Procedure. Students will experience a unique kind of education.
To study in Australia you will need to apply for both admission to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian government. Ideally one should start making applications about 7-8 months prior to the intake. Universities generally take around 4-6 weeks to process the applications.
The Australia Visa Application Procedure has the below steps;
- Deciding on your preferred course and institution.
- Submitting your application to the institution.
- Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer.
- Receiving your Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (ECoE).
- Applying for your student visa.
- A good academic record in High School Certificate or 12 years of schooling
- Some courses such as Computing and Engineering will require Mathematics and /or Science as pre-requisites
- 6.0 IELTS
- A good academic record in Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university is necessary
- Any work experience in the field will be helpful
- For MBA programs at some universities, students need to have work experience along with their Bachelor’s degree
- 6.5 IELTS
Documents needed for making an application are –
- Statement of Purpose,
- Mark sheets & passing certificates (10th onwards)
- Two reference letters from colleges / employers
- Passport copy
- IELTS / TOEFL score sheet.
- Jan – Feb
- June – July
- September & November (in a few universities offering multiple intakes)
The documents required to apply for the Visa
- Application form can be downloaded from the website – www.immi.gov.au
- Visa Application fee
- Confirmation of Enrolment Form (COE) will be issued by the host university once the offer has been accepted and the fees paid.
- Offer Letter (from your host university which will include the proposed study plan & confirm your status as an International Student)
- Overseas health insurance receipt (issued when OSHC has been paid).
- 2 passport sized photographs.
A list of the student visas applicable for various courses
- Independent ELICOS (Subclass 570).
- Schools (Subclass 571).
- Vocational Education and Training (Subclass 572).
- Higher Education (Subclass 573).
- Postgraduate Research (Subclass 574).
- Non-award (Subclass 575).
- AusAID or Defence (Subclass 576).