Air Cabin Crew
Who is an Air Cabin Crew?
The Air cabin crews are the personnel responsible for taking care of the passengers in the aircraft. They include:
- Flight Supervisors
- Air Hostesses/Flight Pursers
- Flight Attendants
How Can I Be a Cabin Crew
Eligibility to become an Air Hostess is as follows:
- Graduate from a recognized University, or
- HSC [any stream], or
- 3 – Year Diploma in hotel management & Catering Technology from a recognized Institute.
- Indian nationality
- Age: Between 17 and 27 years (Relaxable upto 3 years in case of SC/ST and OBC categories in case of Indian National carriers Indian, Air India & Air India Express only)
- Height : 157.5 cms (without slippers or shoes)
- Weight : in proportion with height
- Marital status : Unmarried
- Complexion : Fair to clear
- Language: Fluency in Hindi & English. Knowledge of a foreign language is an edge
- Normal eyesight : No specs (6/24 – uncorrected normal vision (distant) in each eye)
Eligibility to become an Air Purser/Steward is as follows:
- ENT/Ear Nose Throat Specialist
These are just the broad selection procedures. However, the eligibility criterion is different for different airlines and should be checked before applying
What Personality Traits are Required to Become a Cabin Crew ?
- Physical stamina
- Capacity to work with speed and efficiency
- Systematic approach
- Attractive appearance
- Well modulated pleasant voice
- Sense of responsibility
- Ability to handle crisis
- Friendly nature
What Aptitude is Required for Becoming a Cabin Crew?
- Average Abstract Reasoning
- Average Verbal Ability
IQ Required to Become a Cabin Crew?
Job Opportunities Available in Airlines/Travel Industry
- AIRLINES: Air Hostess/Flight stewards Reservations, Ground Services, Marketing
- TRAVEL AGENCY: Travel professional
- TOUR PROFESSIONAL: Sales, Accounts, Finance & Visa Travel, Insurance, Passport.
- HOTELS : Escort Service
- SITE TRAVEL/AIRLINE: Air Ticket, CRS