Instead of celebrating the joy of passing and securing amazing marks in10th standard; many students have got a little irritated about the fact they have to prepare again for the next exam. While they were happy that there was no board exam, they are upset with the idea that they will now have to take a common entrance test [CET] for the 11th admission. In spite of good marks, many still have to take the exam. Though the exam is not compulsory, but the fact that students taking the CET will be getting a preference, does make it compulsory indirectly. The fact there is an exam makes preparation and studies inevitable for students now. Studies, exam, preparation is certainly not something any students is excited about.
The stress of 10th grade is completely gone, the joy of passing, the admission to a favorite course, the excitement of going to college – all of this can make it difficult to prepare for the wait. Here are some ways you can ease the preparation:
- There are only four subjects to study – Mathematics, Science, Sociology, English – understand this and start preparing accordingly
- [If from a different board] Find common topics and lessons and prepare accordingly
- Use the question bank and solve the MCQ given in it
- Create a schedule and follow it [very few days are left now]
- Analyze for yourself – Understand strengths and easy / time consuming topics
- Even if you have read and understood the topic before, review it
- If you are unclear about new concepts, try to understand them
- Even if you find it repetitive, try to focus and study for the exam
- You can refer to the study material available online
- Understand the pattern of the exam
- Don’t be over-confident about your own preparation
- Don’t neglect CET preparation even if have scored very well
- Dedicate specific hours to study, take short breaks, and then resume your preparation.
- Don’t believe rumors about the test method or marking system.
- Gather the right information from the right authorities
Prepare for the exam with a little patience in mind. Remember that you still have time to prepare well for the exam. The CET is being conducted for the first time, so it’s easy to be nervous and confused, but don’t let this affect your preparation. Even if you decide to take a specific course / career, don’t forget that this exam is important for admission. Even if you get bored of repeating your studies, don’t forget that doing this exam will help you increase your chances of getting admission in your chosen career.